full moon

Full moon as captured last night…

Five killed in Le Pic dorm fire

Four Secondary school pupils and a caretaker from Le Pic School in Nairobi’s Riruta Satellite died on Sunday night after their dormitory caught fire. The children were trapped in the dorm whose windows have metal grills. According to Jacinta Achieng, the caretaker’s wife, Stephen Oluoch, the 23-year-old caretaker had received threatening letters from a section of the students for being too strict on them. Stephen was burnt beyond recognition in his own bathroom while the pupil’s are said to having died from choking.

The exit from where some students escaped from.
An onlookers stares through a grilled window to the burnt dorm.
The locals were shocked, including the children



Widow to the caretaker Jacinta Achieng is comforted by a friend

Brother to the caretaker Jack Otieno could not hold his tears


The Kenya Tourist Board recently held a farewell dinner for the production team of the organisation’s sponsored musical theatre show dubbed Out of Africa: The Magic of Kenya.

The musical will be staged in 70 theatres in Netherlands, Luxemburg, Belgium and Denmark, starting this month as a marketing scheme to sell the county to the European market.